- Club Programs
- Discussion Forums
August Board Minutes
Meeting convened at Rainier Valley Chamber of Commerce office - 5:00 p.m.
Attending: Barker, Davis, DeHaan, Gutknecht, Turner
Jayne will send a "thinking of you" card to Diana, whose mom is sick.
Positions to fill:
- Community Service
- Foundation - Peace Scholars, Polio Eradication, Grants, etc.
Discussion of the Paul Harris Foundation, the Pin, the Society, etc.
ElDoris suggested that we might wish to schedule a mini-assembly - educational program for our members on "What is Rotary" - history, how service programs evolved, how the money flows, recognition programs, leadership training and coaching, etc.
Susan suggested running a bookfest in conjunction with Paul Doyle's "Seattle Bookfest" at the Orca School - connected with our kids book drive. We might promote our literacy and dictionaries and other programs, and push our October Tuesday morning programs (find some programming on what works in creating literacy? - , socials, etc.
SOCIAL: Approach the Quarnstroms - "Fright Night" Oct 30
Alternative : Oct 16? Harvest Moon?
Jayne detailed how to do a celebrity cookbook fundraiser:
- get a lot of prospects names, e-mails, telephone numbers
- hold committee meetings - starting Tuesday?
- go door-to-door at local businesses
- solicit recipes, why they like this, get a photo. How about your mom or dad's favorite recipe?
- if they want to have an ad/coupon then we can talk.
- good to find a supporter/sponsor to pay for printing.
- comb bound would be good
- get it done before Thanksgiving - have a big push to get people to buy/sell/give the cookbook - HOLIDAY GIFTS!
- recipes, Jayne will talk through the cookbook project at the Tuesday meeting.
"Elevator Speech" Improv - breakfast at Chamber - Oct 3? 10? - Howard to approach Bud about using improv exercises and straight-on elevator speech practice to make-up a 3-hour program?