- Club Programs
- Discussion Forums
August 2011 Board Meeting Minutes
Board Meeting of Rainier Valley Rotary (RVR) - 9/15/11
Discussion of how we're running board meetings -
1. We need structure to:
Harmonize interaction between members and visitors - limit discussions
Making decisions expeditiously
Limit the length of the meeting.
2. Start each meeting acknowledging board members and then general membership - announcement of who is on the board, rules for non-board members participation.
3. Agenda items will be given priority.
4. Those who wish to present an idea to the board must have it on paper and it must be presented prior to the meeting to be placed on the agenda.
5. Items required to be on agenda
All commitments of money
All commitments to the use of RVR name
All commitments of members’ time
6. All items needing a vote must be on the agenda.
7. Discussion items - presented by any attendee should be limited to a two-minute verbal presentation. You can send out proposed ideas and details in advance.
8. Last item on the board agenda will be for the good of the orde. Will be limited in time depending on the time available. Control of verbal presentations is set to two minutes.
Operations account as of Aug. 31 - $4,828.00
Charitable Account as of August 31 - $15,143.69
Membership requirements of RVR
You must attend 2 meetings a month
Your dues must be current
School Partnerships - Project Support
District simplified grants – requirement must have a plaque on it, Rotary logo on it.
Two people from RVR and one from MI are on the committee.
Additional Robotics grant is $1250 for Kimball School for 2011-12 - approved by unanimous vote.
Skyway Schools science proposal – encyclopedias - co-sponsorship $$ from Renton Rotary - pending.
December fundraiser - Lizard Christmas - Lucky Lizard keychains were handed out.